Tired of Boring Walls? My Secret to Finding the Best Room Painting Ideas
You know the feeling, right?
You decide, "Okay, time to paint the bedroom!"
You're all excited. Then you walk into a shop and see that giant wall of paint
colours. And your brain just... shuts down.
Honestly, it used to give me so much anxiety. I'd save a
million room painting ideas online but could never actually
pick one. I was so scared I’d choose something awful and have to live with it.
Then I was complaining about this to a friend who's a
designer, and she told me the secret. She said, "You're starting from the
wrong place."
And what she told me changed everything.
She said to forget about the colours completely. Just for a
minute. Instead, just ask yourself one thing: How do I want this room
to feel?
That's it. Do you want to feel calm? Or energetic? Or maybe
cozy and safe? Pick one word. That's your new mission.
This advice was a game-changer for me. Suddenly, I wasn't
looking for a colour anymore. I was looking for "calm."
And where do we find "calm" in Sri Lanka? It's
everywhere! I just closed my eyes and pictured the beach down south. The soft
colour of the sand, the pale blue of the water... boom. That was it. Those were
my colours.
If you want to feel happy and full of life, think about the
bright yellow of a ripe mango or the vibrant pink flowers you see everywhere.
See? The best room painting ideas aren't on Pinterest; they're
right outside your window.
Okay, so now you have a feeling and some
inspiration. What next?
This is where you think about your actual wall paint design. Here’s another trick my friend told me. Don't just paint all
four walls the same colour, especially if you choose a bold one. That can be a
bit much.
Instead, do a "feature wall." In my bedroom, I
painted the wall behind my bed a beautiful deep ocean blue. Then, the other
three walls? I just used a very light, sandy white.
It looks amazing. The blue wall is the star, but it doesn't
make the room feel dark because of the other light walls. That simple
combo is the wall paint design.
So yeah, that's my little secret. Stop stressing over a
thousand paint chips. Just figure out the feeling you want, find it in our
beautiful island, and then create a simple design. It really is that easy.

Comments
Post a Comment